The Institut Guttmann has an “Environmental Guide to New Projects, Works and Facilities” which, in accordance with its commitment to the environment and the EMAS Environmental Management System, has to notify companies involved in work execution projects and facilities of the center of the requirements to be met during the planning, execution and subsequent use of the space and/or facilities.
Below, the requirements to be met:
- Know and comply with the Environmental Policy.
- Strictly comply with environmental legislation (EU, state, regional and local) regarding the use of hazardous substances, packaging and labelling, transport conditions, noise emission and other environmental specifications that apply to work and/or services provided.
- Avoid unnecessary consumption of water, energy and other related raw materials at the Institut Guttmann facilities.
- Whilst in the center, do not use any product prohibited by current environmental legislation.
- Clearly identify products as to its hazard, in accordance with applicable law.
- While contracted works and/or services are being carried out, they will be responsible for any environmental-related incident or accident, immediately informing those responsible for the purchase and/or service.
- To avoid incidents, the responsible supplier or company will adopt the appropriate preventive measures across the board that set out good environmental management practices. Particularly, those related to preventing unwanted liquid spills, emissions into the atmosphere and the dumping of any type of waste, with particular attention to the proper management of those defined as hazardous.
- The waste generated must be properly removed and/or disposed of in accordance with Intra-Center Waste Management Program and current legislation.
- Use materials and equipment that, once installed, require minimal maintenance and minimize waste generation.
- Comply with the requirements of the Environmental Management System that specifically affect their activity.
- Coordinate with the Prevention Service of the Institut Guttmann.